Video card or motherboard problem?

johntimber

Question

Hi,

A few days ago my computer shut itself down abruptly while I wasn't doing anything particularly intensive on it. I couldn't power it back on afterwards, so I immediately figured it was a power supply issue. I swapped my power supply out for an older one and after no luck I later discovered it was my video card in my pci-e slot. Powered or not, the card was preventing my board from powering on at all. So, I switched to integrated graphics and that worked fine. I found an old pci-e card and it allowed me to boot but there were artifacts all over my display and once I installed the Windows drivers for the card it stopped working (black screen when Windows initialized the driver). However, I can't remember if there was a problem with that specific card from a long time ago, so I can't attribute that problem 100% to any other piece of hardware in my computer. Now, I've bought a new video card and the card will boot but there is no display at all. Fans are spinning, but no video signal. It seems to me like this is a motherboard issue now, but in all of this confusion I could easily be missing something. Does anyone have any insight on this issue?

Please help. 

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet. 

References:- 
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/309712-33-video-card-motherboard-problem
Creative production agency

Thanks!

Compartir en otros sitios

1 Respuesta a esta pregunta

First, this a spanish speaking forum, just so you know.

I guess the problem is the PCIe slot itself, how many PCIe slots do it has? have you tried the card on another PCIe slot?

Also, if your motherboard supports it you can try lowering the PCIe speed, for example configuring it to work at PCIe 2.0/1.1/1.0.

Compartir en otros sitios

Registrate o inicia sesión para comentar

Tienes que ser un usuario de nuestro foro para poder comentar

Crear una cuenta

Registrate en nuestro foro. Es Fácil!

¡Quiero registrarme ahora!

Iniciar Sesión

¿Ya tienes una cuenta? Inicia sesión aquí

Iniciar Sesión Ahora

Información Importante

Al usar nuestro sitio, aceptas a nuestros Términos de Uso y Reglas y Política de Privacidad.

HN Datacenter en Chile